Daniel’s Den would not be able to operate without its volunteers!! Whether it is making cups of tea, sweeping the floor, organising a craft activity – there is something for everybody to do. Many people who have volunteered at Daniel’s Den have found the experience very rewarding in so many ways.(Please click on the video link to see why two of our volunteers are involved) A number of volunteers have used this experience when applying for college courses or jobs.
What we look for in a volunteer
- A commitment to Daniel’s Den and identification
- with its mission statement, vision and values
- An ability to communicate with people effectively
- A desire to support families
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A willingness to accept responsibility and use initiative
- A willingness to be accountable
We have an induction programme for our volunteers and regular termly meetings.
Training opportunities do arise i.e. first aid, child protection etc.
You can volunteer on a weekly, monthly or one off basis.
If you would like to volunteer please contact us. You can pop along to a group near you and chat to the session leader or alternatively give us a call or send an email. All our volunteers are CRB checked.
A tentative list of roles that volunteers could do at Daniel’s Den –
This list is not exhaustive and can be added to!!